Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop random graphics errors on Windows 10

I have an issue with Power BI Desktop on Windows 10.  I only see this on Windows 10. I have another machine running Windows 7 and I have opened the same .pbix file on that machine without any problems.

But on Windows 10 when the cursor is moved around, random areas of the visualizaitons or other parts of the PBI application blank out. This makes it impossible to use.   Lucky for me that I have another machine running Windows 7.  But hat machine is scheduled to be upgraded to Windows 10 and I am fearful that will put me out of business with PBI Desktop.

I am running the latest 64-bit PBI Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (February 2018)

I have tried various things: Closing all other application on this laptop, rebooting, upgrading PBI, etc. but nothing has helped.  I did not have this problem until recently, the last few weeks. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @friedcc,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue. Please try to open other reports to see if the issue only happen to one specific report or not. 

Please clear desktop data cache then restart Power BI desktop. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

friedcc
Frequent Visitor

Clearing the cache seemed to fix the problem.  Thank you!

Charles

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have now seen similar problems with three different Windows 10 machines, one of which is Azure Virtual Machine with 32GB of memory. Power BI Desktop versions have ranged from January 2018 to April 2018 and the problem is replicable with several different Power BI reports. 

Clearing the cache didn't unfortunately do the trick for me.

Accokeekian
Frequent Visitor

Were you ever able to find a resolution for this problem? I am experiencing the same thing with the latest June 2019 verison @Anonymous  @friedcc 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I think it was version related (or something of sort) for me and the problem just disappeared with uninstall/install at some point. I remember testing with different screen resolutions as well which might have helped.. maybe.

Anyways, I haven't seen the problem for a long time. Sorry, no magic.