Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop quick measure for correlation coefficient won't save/show in most recent version

I am not able to create a quick measure for the correlation coefficient. I go through all of the steps and click ok, but the measure does not appear anywhere. I created other quick measures successfully. I then went back to the May version and was able to create my quick measure for the correlation coefficient successfully.

Hi @DMiceli 

Your issue will be fixed in August release which will be deployed in couple of weeks. Please wait patiently . 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @DMiceli 

You mentioned that you created other quick measures successfully , in the latest version Desktop ? Or you can't use quick measure in the latest version? But everything works fine on Desktop in May ?

Best Regards,

DMiceli
Regular Visitor

Everything works fine in May. In June, I can create other quick measures (I didn't try all of them), but I cannot create correlation coefficent quick measure.

QuantumDot
Regular Visitor

I tried and had the same issue too today with the June 2022 PBI desktop app. 

Interestingly, when I toggled off the "Power BI Desktop infrastructure update" under File > Options and settings > options > global > preview features, it worked again!

Strangely, when I toggled it back on again, it continued to work. I have no idea what that means. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good luck!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @DMiceli 

Maybe you can try the operation method of @QuantumDot  . Because there is currently no related known issue . 

Best Regards,

NamiNami
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue on June 2022 version.  I could use this quick measure before updating. 

DMiceli
Regular Visitor

Thanks for confirming the issue @QuantumDot  and @NamiNami. I ended up creating my measure in the May version and saving the report. I then opened the report in the June version and the measure was there.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support

Hi @DMiceli 

You mentioned that you cannot create correlation coefficent quick measure. What exactly does correlation coefficent quick measure refer to? Can you provide me with a case so that I can test it in May version and June version .

Best Regards,

NamiNami
Regular Visitor

Hi, @v-yetao1-msft   Sorry for stepping in.  on my PC, the issue can be reproduced with a very simple data such as following data.

1.PNG

Quick mesuare 

2.PNG

I used to be able to creat a measure with the above setting but after June version, measure cannot be created. After clicking "OK", notthing happen. No error messages. 

3.PNG

my PBID version is 2022 June.  and my collegues have the same issue.

When creating this quick measure on existing PBIX file, it works.  

It seems when the PBIX file is newly created after June version, then this quick measure doesn't work...  

Any idea?

DMiceli
Regular Visitor

Thank you for stepping in @NamiNami. This explains the situation exactly @v-yetao1-msft 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @DMiceli 

I tested the scenario you said in May version and June version , the problem does exist . I have submitted your issue to ICM , the ID is 320687264 .  I'll be back with an update if there's any news .

Best Regards,