Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop page name changes

In Power BI Desktop, it's extremely frustrating changing the names of pages (the tabs across the bottom of the PBI Desktop window). I have accidentally deleted several pages in recent weeks trying to change the name, when, after the first delete key press in the text string, the second delete key press opens up the "delete this page" window. In fact, renaming pages is an extremely frustrating exercise in general, after a few keystrokes, the focus is lost from editing the text and the partially updated string gets committed.

A good way of replicating this it to have a page name three words long, place the cursor at the beginning of the middle word with a double mouse click and then start to type a new word, then delete the original word with the delete key (I've not tested it with backspace). This is not consistent, and may have something to do with the location of the mouse cursor, I have more success if the cursor is still over the page tab throughout the edit.

Please look into this it's one of the most annoying bugs!

I'm using Version: 2.81.5831.821 64-bit (May 2020)

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I have made a test on your issue and follow the steps you mentioned but could not reproduce this issue. The page name can be renamed normally on my side. Could you you please share more details?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft apologies for the delay in replying. Weirdly, this seems to be absolutely fine if you create a new model, but opening older models created in the past (and I couldn't tell you how far back you'd need to go), this behaviour happens.