Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop not refreshing on Power BI App using Sharepoint data source

Hi.  I have a dataset that I created on Power BI desktop that is published to Power BI Online.  I have ensured creditials are setup correct and I'm signed in online, however even if I manually refresh the Dataset online, it will not pull over latest changes to Dataset on Desktop.  I have tried clearing the caches and republishing, which shows the updated reports, however when I change or add a report, and manually refresh online, nothing changes.  It shows that the scheduled refresh happened, however the changes were not applied.  Will someone be able to help me here? 

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you refresh the dataset in power bi service, the data will update and you could see the latest data in the report. 

If you want to show the updated report in the local power bi desktop file, you need to click the 'Refresh' button manually instead of refresh dataset from power bi service.

refresh.png

Please refer:

1. Data refresh in Power BI 
  2. Refresh a dataset created from a Power BI Desktop file on a local drive 

In addition, if the schedule refresh happens but the report in power bi service could not update, please check the refresh history whether this refresh has been completed and re-open the report.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yingjl 

Thank you for your help.  I've figured out the issue.