Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop data view doesn't show data when report view does

In January 2019, I have noticed, that even if there is data, which I can see in report view visualizations, Power BI Desktop doesn't show the data in Data view - all tables show no data. Refresh doesn't help, only when I close the file and open it again, I can see data there for a while before it again disappears. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MiraNi,

Do you run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.65.5313.1381 64-bit (December 2018)? 

I tested within this Power BI desktop version getting data from SQL database, the data displays in data view fine. In your scenario, which data source do you get data from?

Please check if all reports/tables have this issue. 

Please clear data cache then restart Power BI desktop to test it again. 

q5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MiraNi
Advocate III

H!

Yes, I have newest version from this month. 

It seems to me, that this might be a memory issue. The views are refreshed only partially, sometimes the column headers are there but the data is not shown or the data rows are not matching the columns etc.
I noticed today that in data model view, when I moved a table, the relationship line didn't follow (look at the screenshot below).

But I cleared the cache and see, if it helps - thanks for tip!

Capture.JPG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MiraNi ,

Is clearing cache helpful? 

Please restart the computer without any other apps running, open the report again, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu