Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop crashing constantly

Currently, this is only happening with one .pbix file (even if its saved to a new copy).

Power BI Desktop crashes incessantly making it extremely difficult to make any modifications to the file. Sometimes it simply closes out without any error message, occasionally I get an "Out of memory exception" and sometimes other strange errors.

I am saving the file after every smallest modification to avoid losing my work, but it is close to impossible to make any progress with a crash every 2 minutes. I am not sure if my .pbix file was corrupted and if there is a way to recover my dashboards without starting from scratch.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @stevefernandes,

1. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.61.5192.601 then test again. 

2. If the report already deployed to Power BI service before, please download the report and open it in Power BI desktop. 

3. If the issue persists, would you please share the pbix file with us? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Fabiann
Helper I

Hi
I have a similar problem and not sure if this was resolved.
Kind regards

EV
Advocate II
Advocate II

Its non stop. Dont know what to do to fix this. I tried updating to latest version, uninstall-reinstall, system restart, none of them is helping. It decides to show up on its own and visual disappears constantly, not able to work.

EV
Advocate II
Advocate II

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Timestamp:
2019-06-20T17:57:13.2468283Z

Local Time:
2019-06-20T12:57:13.2468283-05:00

Session ID:
0b2245e6-5105-4bca-8bd0-dc2dcf875a2d

Release:
June 2019

Product Version:
2.70.5494.761 (19.06) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461308]

Peak Virtual Memory:
34.3 GB

Private Memory:
412 MB

Peak Working Set:
593 MB

IE Version:

User ID:
3759d434-d005-479e-aecf-e81bf876324f

Workbook Package Info:
1* - en-US, Query Groups: 0, fastCombine: Disabled, runBackgroundAnalysis: True.

Telemetry Enabled:
True

AS Live Connection:
True

Enabled Preview Features:
PBI_shapeMapVisualEnabled
PBI_NewWebTableInference
PBI_showIncrementalRefreshPolicy
PBI_showManageAggregations
PBI_improvedFilterExperience
PBI_keyDrivers
PBI_userFavoriteResourcePackagesEnabled

Disabled Preview Features:
PBI_SpanishLinguisticsEnabled
PBI_qnaLiveConnect

Disabled DirectQuery Options:
TreatHanaAsRelationalSource

Cloud:
GlobalCloud

DPI Scale:
150%

Supported Services:
Power BI

Erika_S
Helper I

Im having the same issue. Crashes all the time. It is really frustrating to have to start over all the time... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have this issue all the time, when trying to amend the ArcGIS map.

I can add points and it will crash, I can remove and it will crash, I can even change the colour and it will crash too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted a solution that seems to be working so far for my Windows 10 64bit installation... page 9

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/New-Power-BI-Desktop-interface-keeps-freezing-HELP/idc-p/109...