Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop crashes in tablet mode Windows 10

Cannot run Power BI Desktop in tablet mode on Windows 10 - was trying to use tent mode during demonstration and it keeps crashing giving me the following error:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Any way to resolve this - or is the program just not going to run in tablet mode?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @GGetty,

1. Please check if your tablet meets the minimum requirements to run Power BI desktop.

2. Which desktop version did you run? Please update it to the newest version: 2.46.4732.461 64-bit (May 2017).

3. If the Power BI Enterprise Gateway installed in that tablet, please try to update gateway to the latest version as suggested from this article: Resolve Issues when Power BI Desktop will not launch.

4. If issue persists, please enable desktop trace, perform steps that reproduce the issue and share trace file around the error throw out here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

GGetty
Advocate II

Thanks @v-qiuyu-msft looks like the new version (May build) fixed the issue. Now I can have folks flip my laptop around into tablet mode (HP Spectre X360 15 inch 2017 - 16 GB RAM Core i7 Kaby Lake), touch screen to interact with Power BI Desktop files all while projecting to screen in conference room - awesome.