Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
Panalyst
Regular Visitor

@v-xinruzhu-msft 

@v-jialluo-msft 

@v-yinliw-msft 

All, I keep on getting this error (see below), after 15-30 seconds Power BI desktop, is this a program/server issue or issue specific to my circumstance? Furthermore how can this get resolved?

Panalyst_0-1669899232165.png

Thanks!

Brenda-22

Hello team ,i was trying to install power BI and i cant open it my web2viewer has a problem.Any help please.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experiencing this issue while desktop app is in use.

w2.jpg

SDisley
Regular Visitor

Will this be fixed one day!?!? I can now no longer open more than one pbix as the app dies and each time I fire up the app it is eating resource!

SDisley_0-1670517068776.png

PHoupt

Experienced this and received the error message but had been reading a pdf for some time and I'm not sure what precipitated the message in BI.

welingtonnascim

I have this problem and I can't solve it in any way. When will they fix this error?

welingtonnascim_0-1673462521325.png

DRynkowski

I got the error opening the App under Windows 11 but the second time I opened the same .pbix it worked without error

MikeBresnan
Helper I

I'm getting this error intermittantly again. For a while i wasn't and thought it might have been fixed. i guess not...

kcc
Regular Visitor

Just ran into this issue.

Caused a full freeze and crash of the program. Losing all unsaved work.

This NEEDS to be fixed

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started getting this issue - about 24 hours ago.  It happens when I am trying to paste DAX in from Notepad++ into a new calculated column.  I can type quite happily the same code.

Strange thing (from my prespective anyway) is that I could create a new table  by clicking "Enter Data" and paste the data for this table from Excel.