Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
Les111
Resolver I

I get this webview error when opening Power BI desktop for the first time after changing monitors (moving laptop between home and work with different monitor setup).

I have to end the power bi task in task manager then can restart it and it's fine.

AlexNino
Regular Visitor
Hi folks,

WebView2 is the worse nigthmare we have ever had with Power BI

So far these days (October 2022) in our compeny we still have huge problems, several times every day, with Power BI desktop CRASHING due tu WebView2. Specially when we attempt to save the pbix file, or even at any time while working on the model.  It just crash and crash and crash!!!!!!

Crash WebView2 and Power BI.png

Do you know anything about this? how can we fix this?
If we disable infrastructure update, PowerBi Desktop does not work properly

PLEASE MICROSOFT, DO SOMETHING NOW!!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having this problem. It has crashed several times.

TheFalconUK
Regular Visitor

I had a .pbix file open, tabbed over to another app broiefly, came back, the PBI window was grey with this message in, that routes to this page - Microsoft guys, this seems to have been going on for most of the year, please resolve!

Jack2of3
Helper II

WEBVIEW2 crashes PBI Desktop multiple times a day.  This is apparently an old problem that was fixed at somepoint and then broken again.

KDW712
Regular Visitor

Started to get this error today 

i am trying to paste a formula for a new column from notepad or notepad++ 

this is fundemental stuff .......

GzzztBrain
Helper II

This problem occured after my laptop hibernated. On powering up the next day, the whole of Windows was iffy and awkward, displaying a blank screen and not responding to things like ALT+TAB, CTRL+ESC, etc. On trying to restart via CTRL+ALT+DEL, WebView2 was preventing it. After a minute or two, Windows decided to hand control back to me and work mostly correctly. But PowerBI remained unhappy and gave this error.

scottlew477

PBI desktop is constantly crashing and giving the webview2 error.

Seems like this has been going on for some time Microsoft - PLEASE RESOLVE THIS THE PRODUCT IS UNUSABLE

Bennielky
Regular Visitor

I experience this every time while I'm working on Power BI desktop. It is becoming more frequent and it only allow me to use less than an hour then it will crash and show this Webview error. When will this be fixed, I'm really becoming frustrated when would like to use Power BI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please fix this Webview2 error, it was working normally for the past 1-2 months and suddenly it is back again! I think instead of changing the visual features of the Power BI (yellow to green buttons), you guys need to work more on the stability. STOP MAKING REDUNDANT CHANGES!!!