Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
vinclaro001
Regular Visitor

Still happening on 2.107.841.0 64-bit. Very frustrating and losing a lot of productivity as a result

mirkas

It has not been resolved... today issue.

ClaudiaPrevi

eu estou tendo os mesmos problemas que outros usuários com a versão desktop gratuita 64gb. Já é a segunda vez que não consigo salvar o meu trabalho esta semana. O que tenho que fazer, instalar o power bi novamente, existe alguma versão com o problema corrigido?

ClaudiaPrevi

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

I recently installed the 64gb Power BI Desktop version available for download and this same week it had two problems saving mine and webview (screen and file were greyed out) without being able to save it. What do I have to do to solve this kind of problem? Regards.

Ghuiles
Advocate IV

Same issue.

This bug needs correction asap as we cannot roll back our Power BI version.

Using the 2.108.603.0 64-bit (August 2022) with Windows 11 32 Gb

Best regards. G.

Venturi
Regular Visitor

Removing MS Webview did the trick for me, after that it worked again. After the latest update of PowerBI, I had the same issue again, and it seems MS Webview was reinstalled and again removing it solved the issue.

rroblesjr
Regular Visitor

POwer BI conditional formating is not working. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem

steffels
Frequent Visitor

I am also experiencing this issue. One file will consistently crash (either all black or all white screen) with a Web View 2 error. 

rahulshevde
Employee

Apologies to everyone for the delay in repsonse. I was tyring to reply individually but there seems to be some issue with it.  We need more information to understand the cause of this if you are willing to help out.  Here are the details of the information we need.

If this is something you hit consistently, would you be able to provide us with the WPR traces and/or Process Monitor logs. The details on how to get them are in the link above.

Can you also provide the following information?

• Device ID
  • Install logs
  • Dump files

Information on where to get these is also in the link above.

Can you also share the Application Events from the machine and Watson logs if any? You can look for them by opening “Event Viewer” and then under Windows Logs -> Application. You can save and export the Application events.

For the Watson logs,  look for the events with “Level” as  “Error” and “Source” as “Windows Error Reporting”. When you select the event, in its details you can find if they have Watson report and bucket id along with local folder where the dumps might be if they are not uploaded yet.
If you can go to those local folders and share the dumps there if any, that would be helpful.

rahulshevde_0-1661381321078.png

Please reach out with the infromation to pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

If you need any help with collecting any of the logs/traces please reach out to the above link and we will help out.