Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
HYT

same issue here

anandkadirvel
Frequent Visitor

Do we have any update on the WebView2 crash issue? I am getting the issue in May 2022 version of Power BI Desktop.

Kevjay74HH

I have experienced this issue over the last few days. 

MiraNi
Advocate III

I had this today after a while, after I applied changes.  Everything just froze. There were no single Webview process going and I noticed, that the CPU was 100 % used in virtual machine. When I tried to open a new desktop file, I got only grey window. After I killed the original file, everything seems to be working fine again.

AntonioSantos19
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issues in the editor.
It's happened 3 times

aggregator3000
Advocate II

Just had this now, really heavy model in an enterprise report..

P_A

Estar ocorrendo esse problema comigo,  como será resolvido?

jcastr02
Post Prodigy

test

dmjogeman
Frequent Visitor

I get this same experience when I have two datasets where dataset1 is the source and dataset2 is liveconnection.

If having both open, make changes to dataset1 (save, close & sync to pbi service), then dataset2 is frozen with this error

PradeepDive
Helper II

I am also facing the same error for one of my PBIx file