Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop WebView2 crash

Power BI is experiencing a problem with WebView2. We need your help to understand and fix this issue. If you are willing to help out, please contact us at pbidesktopwebview2issues@service.microsoft.com

Hi @rahulshevde ,

Sorry, but we couldn’t provide any support outside this post. There are several existing ICM(292502976, 294087216) related to WebView2 crash, and product group is investigating on such issue. Will follow up them and sync here once there is update. In addition, please make sure you are using latest version of Power BI Desktop and try different versions of WebView2 at the same time. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
juan_pablo
Advocate III

I am having this issue as well. Any plan to solve it? More than two months having my reports crashing and loosing my work.

krhodes

Just experienced the same error saying "there's a problem with webview2". Before that happened, it was trying to apply my query changes for a looong time.

vidas
Regular Visitor

I experienced this same issue while initiating a restart. Windows was trying to restart, said that it was having problems closing Power BI Desktop, clicked Cancel to manually close the apps. This is when Power BI wentwith a full black screen and gave the WebView2 error.

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is this going to get fixed?  I've uninstalled and installed a previous version of PowerBI and received the same results.

Sylvina
Regular Visitor

tengo el mismo problema. espero que puedan resolverlo pronto 

Sylvina_0-1654112086057.png

Chipper

Same happened here when updating changes from PowerQuery editor

b8urcv
Regular Visitor

it is also happening to me.

Faulting application name: msedgewebview2.exe, version: 101.0.1210.53, time stamp: 0x628530a6
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007fffbc6d045f
Faulting process id: 0xc808
Faulting application start time: 0x01d876853c34fe60
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeWebView\Application\101.0.1210.53\msedgewebview2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: fffaff54-2757-4952-9d95-fb2d72fdbc8c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also happening with the previous version of webview:

Faulting application name: msedgewebview2.exe, version: 101.0.1210.47, time stamp: 0x627d2d43
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00007fffbc6d045f
Faulting process id: 0x50c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8756d1be16f76
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeWebView\Application\101.0.1210.47\msedgewebview2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 21247046-679c-4e74-b15a-8f2e5b2db40e
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Mithril1991
Regular Visitor

Happened to me when working on report with Live connection to PBI dataset and having simultaneously open multiple PBI files.

What I did? 

I was working on dataset doing some basic changes of metrics, used ALM toolkit to publish changes, switched to first file and then Refreshed the Live connected report and it freezed. 

Sometimes this happens when I have one report open for longer time and try to refresh or change dimension/metric

XhunterX
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue!  😐

SteveD2
Resolver I

I was doing a teams presentation and I had both a PBIX file and a PowerPoint presentation I was swapping between. The first issue I noticed was the toolbar menu for W11 wasn't responding to mouse clicks. I then tried to sign out of the account by using the Windows key, I cancelled the sign-out when prompted that there were open apps. This returned me to my W11 screen, PowerPoint and Power BI were closed but normal control to the toolbar menu was restored.