Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop RS Doesn't Support New Matrix Visuals which Provide Drill Down

We  can use the new matrix visual which provide drill down  with the March 2017 through June 2017 releases of Power BI Desktop. I created one report with these visuals in Power BI Desktop and  can open it with Power BI Desktop RS(June). Unfortunetely, when ı try open deployed report in Power BI Report Server matrix visuals appears as blank visuals. Besides Power BI Desktop  RS hasn't preview features in options  so ıt doesn't support new matrix visuals and default matrix is not new version.  As far as ı know , Reporting Server will upgrade quarterly .When will Power BI Desktop RS support these visuals?Visual in Power BI Desktop RSVisual in Power BI Desktop RSVisual deployed in Power BI Report ServerVisual deployed in Power BI Report Server

The current release of Power BI Report Server is the June 2017 release, so it doesn't support the new table/matrix visuals, which were still in preview at the time. The new table/matrix visuals came out of preview in July, so the next release of Power BI Report Server will support them. We're targeting Q4 CY 2017 for that next release.

Comments
sorenrubner
Frequent Visitor

We have the same issue on-prem.  When will Microsoft release this great new functionality on the on-prem Power BI Report Server and Power BI Desktop RS ?

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@Ramazan @sorenrubner

Have you tried with the lateset version which published on 7/11/2017?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=55329

Power BI Desktop RS Doesn't Support New Matrix Visuals which Provide Drill Down_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Ramazan
Advocate I

I upgrade latest release(7/11/2017) but the problem still continues

Best Regards,

Ramazan

sorenrubner
Frequent Visitor

Same result here - the url posted is still version June 2017.  Power BI Desktop and Power BI Desktop RS Versions seems out of sync.

biswedishdevil
Advocate I

Any fix soon?

riccardomuti
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

The current release of Power BI Report Server is the June 2017 release, so it doesn't support the new table/matrix visuals, which were still in preview at the time. The new table/matrix visuals came out of preview in July, so the next release of Power BI Report Server will support them. We're targeting Q4 CY 2017 for that next release.

riccardomuti
Employee

Also, you're welcome to vote/comment on this idea to support Power BI Desktop preview features in Power BI Report Server more generally: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/19756816-give-power-bi-desktop-fo...

Jairay

Can I please get an idea as to when in Q4  will we be able to deploy and preview Matrix Visuals on Power BI Report Server? Thanks

sorenrubner
Frequent Visitor

Yes - please - let get a release date.