Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop November 2019. Slow when adding and modifying a new column

I have a PBI file (size 280 MB)

When using PBI Desktop October 2019 update it took about 90 seconds to add a new column and modify the currency and decimals.

When using PBI Desktop November 2019 update it takes 5 minutes to add a new column and modify the currency and decimals.

Comments
scotjn1
Helper I

Users on my team have also noted significant slowdown over the past 2 days when using our PowerBI dashboard, which usually ranges between 100-250MB depending on the amount of data ingested during each run.  General slowness all around:  delays when switching between tabs, interacting w/ visuals is laggy, ribbon tabs & buttons are not responsive, query editor interface becomes unusable, etc.  Things were fine 3 days ago, so presumably this is from the November 2019 update and not our data model, which is unchanged since Oct 30.

jortega023
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem. Since the November 2019 update i've noted a very significant slowdown using Power BI Desktop (due to the point i am unable to update a measure or change between pages without experience freezings in the program.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

JTY
Frequent Visitor

hi 

im having an issue with refreshing the big dashabords since 12 november 

i have two reports with respectively 33MB and 47 MB . none of these reports is refreshing !!! 

i have another two reports with 8MB  and less and they are refreshing normally. 

does anyone knows what is the issue ???