Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop Locking Up

Desktop is freezing up on me every single day and at random times, I could be copying and pasting a visual or trying to sign in to a model or changing a slicer or just clicking refresh to a direct connect model. It will feeze. The only way out is Task Manager and end task. Come on Microsoft, this is release behavior that was common three years ago. I thought we were past this kind of thing. It is completely stifling my productivity. I'm clicking on file save all the time now, just to try to avoid losing work and having to do it over again. So frustrating.

You can try to set 'Load Tables simultaneously', Maximum allowed and clear the cache of Power BI Desktop in Options and settings to check it again.

vyingjl_0-1642993356610.png

In addition, If there are multiple threads in the background, consider reducing some to check whether this could be mitigated.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

You can try to set 'Load Tables simultaneously', Maximum allowed and clear the cache of Power BI Desktop in Options and settings to check it again.

vyingjl_0-1642993356610.png

In addition, If there are multiple threads in the background, consider reducing some to check whether this could be mitigated.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been having the same issue since the addition of Microsoft Edge WebView2.  This is happeing every day.  I have tried everything.  I am not loading data, so the suggestion doesn't apply.