Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop Loading data issue

Hi there,

I am currently experienced issue with Power BI Desktop Loading data from Dataflow.

The column h_WC-combine is created in Dataflow online which is the concatenation of two other columns. When loading data to the Power BI Desktop, some (not all) data of this column returned blank, despite the fact that both source columns has data or non-null. 

I went back to Dataflow and check, the exact record on Dataflow showing value, but Power BI Desktop did not. 

Then I created a new custom column concatenate the same 2 source columns in the Transform - Power Query Editor, result return correct, which confused me even more of why data was load from the Dataflow was process differently?

Could you please advise?

rdnguyen_1-1660146044138.png

Hi @rdnguyen ,

I have modified the status of this issue to be able to discuss it better. I mistakenly understood that his reply was helpful to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comments
TheShy

Hi @rdnguyen ,

You may try After creating the new dataflow, you may refresh the Dataflow on Power BI Service to make data loaded into the entity. Then, click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane when use Power BI dataflows connector in Power BI Desktop . If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

This may not be exactly the same problem you're having, but I thought it might be worth a try to see if it would work as a workaround.

For original post, you can see Cannot load data from dataflow to Power Bi Desktop 

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Kindly see the comments below

rdnguyen
Helper V

@v-xiaoyan-msft , what does it mean by the status "delivered" as I found nothing related in the data modeling section matching my issue submission for review?

Again, from my test, I created a new column, change column name in dataflow, everything is updated to Power BI Desktop when connected, except that calculated column created in Dataflow (working fine in dataflow).

Please review my request or kindly help by pointing me to the existing request / issue reported so I could vote for improvement.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @rdnguyen ,

I have modified the status of this issue to be able to discuss it better. I mistakenly understood that his reply was helpful to you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

rdnguyen
Helper V

Thanks @v-xiaoyan-msft  for your support.