Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Desktop Issue - ExecuteXmla failed with result

Hi,

Recently I'm always facing this error message all the sudden. 
ExecuteXmla failed with result

Have tried to reinstall power bi, uninstall/reinstall power bi and all unsuccessful. I have also forwarded the error messages to power bi support team when this error message pop-up.  

I tried to retrieve the backup version file and also fail open it.

Below is the error message:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:

Stack Trace:
Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.XmlaExecutionException
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.ExecuteXmla(String xmla)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<ImageLoadDatabaseFromPbix>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService.OnErrorClarify(Action action, String clarification)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Stack Trace Message:

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError:
{"AppName":"PBIDesktop","AppVersion":"2.95.804.0","ModuleName":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.dll","Component":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesService","Error":"Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.XmlaExecutionException - PFE_XM_DBCC_HIERARCHY_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_COLUMN_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_TABLE_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_DATABASE_FAILED","MethodDef":"ExecuteXmla","ErrorOffset":"80"}

InnerException0.Stack Trace Message:
Database consistency checks (DBCC) failed while checking the '[Hierarchy for column cls pickedondate (236)]' hierarchy.
Database consistency checks (DBCC) failed while checking the 'cls pickedondate (236)' column.
Database consistency checks (DBCC) failed while checking the 'Incidents (13)' table.
Database consistency checks (DBCC) failed while checking the '03e84078-2fed-497e-b536-31b07078b8b7' database.

InnerException0.Stack Trace:

InnerException0.Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.GetFeedbackValuesFromException(Exception e, String prefix)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.GetFeedbackValuesFromInnerExceptions(Exception e, Int32 depth)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo.CreateAdditionalErrorInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.FeedbackErrorInfo..ctor(String message, Exception exception, Nullable`1 stackTraceInfo, String messageDetail)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

PowerBINonFatalError_ErrorDescription:
PFE_XM_DBCC_HIERARCHY_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_COLUMN_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_TABLE_FAILED,PFE_XM_DBCC_DATABASE_FAILED

PowerBIUserFeedbackServices_IsReported:
True

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Please help !!!!

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @my62002316 ,

Looks like your .pbix model has been broken. Did this issue happened in each .pbix file or just a special one?

Here are two previous workarounds from PG that you can try:

1. the issue disappears when you change the name of the PBIX.  (ICM: 249590389)

2. -start Desktop
- find the corresponding workspace folder
- set Vertipaq\DisableConsistencyChecks to 1 in msmdsrv.ini
- open the problematic report
- probably a simple refresh would fix the IMBI dictionaries; OR export as PBIT and reopen as usual

(ICM: 245696956)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

my62002316
Advocate I

Hi Yingjie Li

I have try to rename the file name (Eg.  filename.pbix --> filname123.pbix. Still cannot resolve the issue. I'm not sure how to do for the second solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen to me today and my usual copies were going to lose a bunch of work. I managed to find a close copy on the following location AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\TempSaves. Copied it to the desktop, renamed and it opened. Publishing now. Hope it helps someone.

my62002316
Advocate I

Hi @Anonymous,

Sometimes this won't work.  😞 I'm not sure what can be done to solve this issue. This started around May 2021.