Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Desktop - Data Connectivity Mode Option unavailable for Snowflake Connector

Hi,

Trying to connect Snowflake from Power BI Desktop. However, I can't see "Data Connectivity Mode" option to choose either Import or Direct Query. Is this the case with the latest version of Power BI Desktop?

Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (November, 2021)

Any details please?

vr_2020_0-1637405456914.png

vr_2020_1-1637405467056.png

Hi @vr_2020 

Thanks for your reply! Got it. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
vr_2020
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Any update about this issue ?

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @vr_2020 

Thanks for your feedback! I've tested it and reported it internally (ICM 273693687). I wll sync here if there is any update.

Best Regards,

vr_2020
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-cazheng-msft for the update

Here is the link that I have raised intially in Microsoft Power BI Community -> Forums -> Get Help with Power BI -> Desktop

Connectivity Mode (Import and Direct Query) option is not available in Snowflake Window to choose rather than it appear to be in further steps. 

Solved: Re: Power BI Desktop - Data Connectivity Mode Opti... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Reference :

Following links which says Connectivity Mode (Import and Direct Query) option in Get Data -> Database -> Snowflake window

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/desktop-connect-snowflake  and 

https://info.microsoft.com/ww-thankyou-build-scalable-BI-solutions-using-power-BI-and-snowflake.html... 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @vr_2020 

Thanks for your reply! Got it. 

Best Regards,