Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Dataflows Broken After April 2021 Update

None of the dataflows in my organization are showing up in the dataflow connector within Power BI Desktop. I have refreshed dataflows as well as cleared and reestablished my Dataflow data source permissions.

I am not the only one having this issue. (See comments under the April 2021 update blog.)

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

What workspace is your dataflow in? there is a known issue that power bi desktop connect to dataflow which in PPU.

Regards,

Lin

AnAnalyst
Helper III

Same issue here with a P1.

debbett
Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem with my version. The same thing is happening with the others in the office who have upgraded to the April 2021 release. We had to clear all permissions in the April 2021 release, uninstall, and then go back to the March 2021 release. After that it is working normally again. It is not a PPU workspace. 

ElfringM
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I expierenced the same issue with one of my datasets and was able to fix it. It had worked for several months and suddenly it could not refresh anymore. I was able to fix it by replacing the Power Platform dataflows (Beta) connector with the Power BI dataflows connector:

• The dataset works fine in desktop but in the service the refresh failed. 
  • The error mentioned a column "Entity name" which I don't have / use in my dataset: 
  • 2021-04-30_08-37-50.png
  • I also noticed that there was an error with dataset credentials:
  • 2021-04-30_08-40-50.png
  • However, re-entering my credentials did not work (using oAuth2), i recieved a "We cannot convert Type to Table type" error:
  • 2021-04-30_08-43-46.png
  • This hinted me to PowerPlatformDataflows and I've checked my source file in which I use multiple dataflows. It seemed that at some point during development I used the "Power Platform Dataflows" connector for one of the dataflows. I don't know why, probably just a mistake.
  • 2021-04-30_08-50-23.png 
  • After I changed the soure to Power Bi Dataflow it worked again!

Hope this helps,

regards!

Marcel Elfring

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

There is a known bug:

Power BI customers using the Power Platform Dataflow connector for Dataflows may experience issues when creating new data flows or refreshing existing ones.

Power BI customers using the Power Platform Dataflow connector for Dataflows may experience issues when creating new data flows or refreshing existing ones with the error message "The column 'entityName' of the table wasn't found".

As a workaround, customers can use Power BI Dataflows connector instead of PowerPlatformDataflows connector

Regards,

Lin