Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Custom Visual Color selector giving a different color than selected

When selecting the color from the color picker, as shown you can see that power bi recognizes this color as #39b2c9 on hover:

Capture.PNG

Instead of giving this color value to the backend of the visual for painting it instead gives #A66999 to the backend as the selected color value:

Capture2.PNG

I don't know if this is an issue with the theme colors or what, but this is definitely a bug, and it only seems to affect the custom visual color selector. I can get around this by manually typing in the color into the custom color selector box.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 87158387. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I found this bug I was using API v1.8. This doesn't seem to affect API v2.1, so it may not be something necessary to address.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear you find the solution. Thank you for your sharing. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

ETA for fix is about 4 weeks. In the meantime, workaround is to select colors by typing their hex code rather than choosing from the color palette.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu