Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Crashing when editing Power Query Scripts

I have found over the last 2-4 weeks (don't recall when it first started, however it was prior to the June 2019 relase) that Power BI Desktop is crashing and closing when I edit a M Script. This seems to be constant across multiple files that I am working on. 

I have tried a few times to upgrade to the latest build. I just updated to build 2.70.5494.761 and this error is still occuring.

I get a text file called 'debug' that gets generated that contains.

[0619/115733.523:ERROR:process_info.cc(375)] NtQuerySystemInformation SystemExtendedHandleInformation: The specified information record length does not match the length required for the specified information class. (0xc0000004)

When this occurs I get this pop-up that goes away after a second and doesn't populate with any text.

Error Popup.PNG

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

I can not reproduce the issue. To get faster and better technical support for this issue, you may directly create a support ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to be an inconstent issue that I am facing and therefore I cannot reproduce this error consistently (Sorry - I should have indicated this in my original post)

Can you point me to any useful resources that explain what NtQuerySystemInformation SystemExtendedHandleInformation means.

Something I 'think' seems to reproduce this issue more consistently is by closing the M Editor quickly. When I delay the closing it seems to be much more reliable.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue, it just crash randomly