Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Crashing after Windows Upgrade to Version 1903

Since upgrading to Windows version 1903 Power BI has started crashing immediately after being opened.

The only way to make it work, for me, is to use software rendereing albeit this makes functionality

slow or unplug from my dock (second screen) and work directly from laptop.

Would appreciate investigation as to why this has started happening and issue a fix.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem - first, PowerBI would hang when I selected the change file source in edit queries. Now, I can't even open it - when i select log in, it crashes completely. Same behavior on all my reports, just started today after my Windows upgrade to 1903.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have subsequently found that if i unplug the second screen that my laptop uses via the docking hub Power BI opens successfully albeit I have to use the laptop screen as opposed to my preferred larger screen.

Thank you Qiuyun Yu for your suggestion.

Regards,

Paul