Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power BI Bing Map not recognising Latitude , Longitude

Power BI Bing Map not recognising Latitude , Longitude.

Taking as Count of latitude 

It was working since last week and suddenly stopped working

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop latest version 2.53.4954.481 64-bit (December 2017). 

1. Please set the Data Category for Latitude, Longitude column as Latitude, Longitude. Also with Don't Summarize. 

q3.PNG

2. In Map visual, make sure Latitude, Longitude property has Latitude, Longitude without any aggregate function. 

q4.PNG

3. Please update the Power BI desktop to the latest version: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Its not related to Power BI Desktop.

I am using Streaming dataset in web portal.

I used Datatype as 'Text' as we dont have lat , long data type in streaming dataset declaration.

And it was able to understand as lat , long till last week when plotting map.

but now it was considering that as text data type only .So taking as Count of Latitude  when I drag that field to Lat,long box

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems you enable historic data analysis for the stream dataset, and create a report use a map visual. 

I got internal information about Map visual issue today, the current workaround is to change the column type to be numeric (decimal). The ETA should be January due to holiday deployment lock-down. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

So Lat,Long was working fine with Text data type till last week in Map Visual.

So its a bug which suddenly caused this issue in Map visual ? 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, it is a bug in Power BI service. The service won't be updated until the first week of January.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu