Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI -- Avro format files upload

Hi There

I have avro format files which are getting landed in Azure container.

I want to upload and read them through Power BI. I would need a guidance how to read these files. Please advice. If Power BI does not support what would be the best option as alternative.

Thanks & Regards
Fareed

Hi @fareedice ,

Connect to Avro as an ODBC Data Source
If you have not already, first specify connection properties in an ODBC DSN (data source name). This is the last step of the driver installation. You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to create and configure ODBC DSNs.

Connect to your local Avro file(s) by setting the URI connection property to the location of the Avro file.

For more you may refer to Author and Share Power BI Reports on Real-Time Avro Data (cdata.com)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @fareedice ,

Connect to Avro as an ODBC Data Source
If you have not already, first specify connection properties in an ODBC DSN (data source name). This is the last step of the driver installation. You can use the Microsoft ODBC Data Source Administrator to create and configure ODBC DSNs.

Connect to your local Avro file(s) by setting the URI connection property to the location of the Avro file.

For more you may refer to Author and Share Power BI Reports on Real-Time Avro Data (cdata.com)

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn