Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Apps Not All Users With Access Display

When going to Access for a published App, only users who were originally granted permissions display, not any subsequent users who were granted access.  Not being able to see all users with permissions access is troublesome from an access management perspective.  Repro steps:

1. Publish workspace as App
  2. Go to Access and add user(s) to Permissions
  3. Select Update App
  4. Go to newly created App
  5. Go to edit and Update App
  6. Go to Access and add more user(s) to Permissions
  7. Select Update App
  8. Go to the App
  9. Go to edit and Update App
  10. Go to Access and view all users (users added in step 6 do not display)
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 97860909, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Please check if the users added in step 6 is already a member of the app workspace. 

If it is, this is currently by design. The users which already member of the workspace are automatically granted access to the app. They are filtered out from the app access list. There is already a label underneath which says 'Users and groups with access to this workspace can access this app."

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft, I verify that the users have access to the workspace also have access to the app.  Appreciate the clarification that users are filtered out of the app access list if already exist with access to the workspace.

Thanks,

Nick

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@v-qiuyu-msft ,

Issue has been fixed currently.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao