Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Add In To PowerPoint - "Cannot run Power BI"

When trying the new Power BI add in on PowerPoint Desktop Application we get the below error message:

Mathew1234_0-1655973428519.png

We have Webviewer2 installed, the latest Microsoft license and when doing this in PowerPoint online the page loads where I am able to add the link but not on the desktop application. 

Any solutions as my organisation are keen to start using this new feature?

Hi @Mathew1234 ,

There are a few things you can try :

1. Try adjusting the Power BI settings in File > Options > Security > Authentication Browser > Enable  "Use my default browser"
  2. Update your computer's Default Browser to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox through Start > Default Apps > Browser
  3. Try uninstalling Power BI, restart your computer, and re-install Power BI from the Microsoft Store.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
Mathew1234

Also no arrow appears on the top right hand side on PowerPoint online when being able to select a dashboard to make into a static image.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Mathew1234 ,

There are a few things you can try :

1. Try adjusting the Power BI settings in File > Options > Security > Authentication Browser > Enable  "Use my default browser"
  2. Update your computer's Default Browser to Chrome, Edge, or Firefox through Start > Default Apps > Browser
  3. Try uninstalling Power BI, restart your computer, and re-install Power BI from the Microsoft Store.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn