Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI APP Not Refreshing. Removed local data to solve

When we access Power BI in a browser, like Edge or Chrome, and access our organisation PBI APPs they work as expected, dashboards and reports presented OK, no issues on refresh or on gateways

However if we access the APPs on IOS APPS ( IPAD or Iphone), and click on the APPs inside of Power BI they seem to start but no data is  presenetd, the APP just shows a blank screen that is tring to access the data

Note: We've been using PBI and APPs for 3-6 months now without any issues, also note we use Microsoft APP Protection (MAP) through Microsoft Itunes to protect the APPs and enforce PIN\Itouch on devices

Eventually after some troubleshooting I solved the issue by logging out of the APPs and Logging back in, because we use MAP, this removes the data on the IOS device, so when we signed back in the local data was recreated and the APP now accessed the APPs OK

So my conclusion is that something was been cached locally on the APPs, some data etc, that perhaps was causing the issue or a recent PBI APP update from Microsoft caused an issue with the local data

It is very awkward for use to ask all usesr to log out and log back in, is there an eaiser and more seamless way that this can be done? Even if the user could do this themselves?

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Keano,

I am unable to reproduce this issue when using latest version(16.9) of Power BI app in IOS device. I don't need to log out and log back on. Refreshing inside the Power BI app on IOS device brings the new changes of Power BI report.

I would recommend you open a ticket in Power BI support site if you get the issue in latest version of Power BI app.
Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered