Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Apps visualization doesn't display data

I've tried this in both Power BI service (where I originally added the Power Apps visualization) and desktop, and I get the same results. I added a Power Apps visualization, added my desired data items, and created a new app in Power Apps. Now the Power Apps visualization in my Power BI report doesn't show data (even if I have a single row selected, and the data that should show is essentially the row ID). It displayed correctly when I first created the visual and app, but it hasn't ever since. It still seems to (mostly) function; I can see that  the row I select in Power BI service shows up when I go to the app in Power Apps, and if I edit the Power BI report and display the Power Apps visualization as a table, it shows the data; it just doesn't show up in the Power Apps visualization in the report.

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @arc_gts ,

When creating Power Apps visual in Power BI reports, we recommend that you first publish your report to the Power BI service and then create or modify apps.

Consider these limitations about Power Apps visual: Limitations of the Power Apps visual 

In addition, you can try to performe the same with browser in incognito mode. 

Open broweser - go to Power BI report - edit app - edit visual for Power Apps - then check if data loads in Power Apps.

In Power Apps, if you go to formula bar and select PowerBIIntegration.Data - check if intellisense shows any data.

Simliar thread: Power App not showing data at Browse Screen 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

arc_gts
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for getting back to me. Inexplicably (and having made no changes on my end), the Power Apps visualization is once again displaying data in my Power BI report as of this morning.

I originally created the Power Apps visualization from Power BI service, not desktop; I just downloaded a .pbix file from service to test it in desktop.

It also appears to work when I use incognito browsing, although Power Apps tries to initiate an authentication process that it's unable to complete in incognito mode.