Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Power Apps embedded into Power BI - Data connection to SQL server no longer working as of 24 Sept

We have been successfully linking a Power App into our PowerBi reports until Wednesday 23 Sept. On Thursday 24th September this functionality has stopped working.

In Power BI > Get Data > SQL server : org829fcc2e.crm4.dynamics.com,5558

ERROR: Microsoft SQL: TDS protocol endpoint is disabled

ERROR: No longer ‘Analyse in PowerBI’ button in any of out PowerApps instances, so unable to link PowerApps to Power BI that way.

These are the things I’ve tried to fix it, all with no success:

1. Power BI Advanced Settings > Dynamics365>Admin>System Settings>Previews>Accept licence and set up for Previews

Result: No change

2. Checked Admin Centre > Environment > Settings > Products > Features >Turn TDS Endpoint Preview on and off

3. In Power Bi Desktop File > Options and settings > Options > Preview Features > enable the connector.

"If you don't see some of the connectors mentioned above and want to use them, check your Preview Features settings. Also note that any data source marked as Beta or Preview has limited support and functionality, and should not be used in production environments."

Please advise urgently on what is required to get this functionality working again

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@LauraMay ,

I'm afraid currently this issue couldn't be reproduced on my side. I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao