Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power Apps Visual

The Power Apps Visual in Power BI is now showing blank in Power BI Desktop

It is showing correctly in the published version App

Any ideas or thoughts as to why this has changed or how I can get it to display again?

@v-robertq-msft 

Hi @AJMChris 

Please check whether this issue is caused by the limitaitons of Power Apps visual by this link Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs . Have you ever connect to your Power App visual before? Is this issue only happening in the lastest version of Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun

Comments
fish3101
Advocate I

I've also seen PowerApps stop working since updating to Nov release. Yesterday I was on October and had no issues. Today I'm on Nov and PowerApp visual displays blank and when I try and re-create from scratch it can't connect to the server to select from existing Apps. Please fix ASAP as this is very problematic for us with no workaround.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AJMChris 

Please check whether this issue is caused by the limitaitons of Power Apps visual by this link Power Apps visual for Power BI - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs . Have you ever connect to your Power App visual before? Is this issue only happening in the lastest version of Power BI Desktop?

Best Regards,

fish3101
Advocate I

Hi @v-cazheng-msft ....this is not a limitation of the visual....it works on October version but doesn't on November version. It's clear this is the problem.

AJMChris
Advocate I

Just to clarify, PowerApps stopped working after updating to Nov release. A couple of days ago I was on October and had no issues. 

TKnop

It seems like there is the same issue with the Power Automate visual. Whenever I try to edit a Power Automate visual in Power BI Desktop, I get a blank page instead of the flow overview. The problem just appeared with the new November version. 

nwinfrey

My team has been expericiencing the same issue with the Power Apps not loading in Power Bi Desktop. The web version is still functioning but is less efficient for us. We also did the Nov 21 update last week. 

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi All,

Similar issue has been reported internally(ICM 273085537 and ICM  271348110). According to product team's feedback, this issue is possibly caused by the Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in the Power BI Desktop. Could you please check in your Options to see whether this option is selected? If you select this option, will you get same issue?

vcazhengmsft_0-1637821994530.png

Best Regards,

fish3101
Advocate I

@v-cazheng-msft I don't have that option available in my Preview Features Options. See below for what I see and what's enabled. I'm on Version: 2.99.782.0 64-bit (November 2021)

fish3101_0-1637886286668.png

fish3101
Advocate I

I've been contacted by support desk and advised if you don't see the above option in Preview features it's because you don't have WebView2 installed. This comes native with the Desktop application but ONLY if installed from the downloadable....the Store version with auto update will not work.

I have been able to test and validate this solution works - however it's made tricky when my organisation doesn't allow admninistrator privileges to install software so I will need to contact my client help desk to do this for me.

More info available here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-installer-changes-webview2/

Anyone know when the Store version of PBI Desktop will be updated with WebView2???