Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power App Visual: Error getting Environments

We are working on report to incorporate a Power App to assist our users with cetain tasks.  As we move our App through development we need to the abillity to change the environment of the from Dev to QA and to Prod environments.  Currently the visual is unable to list out our environments and reprots Error Getting environments.  

MattKarriker2_0-1638297021597.png

Please try this solution to see whether it will solve your problem.

1 Selected Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in your Options pane(File>Options and Settings>Options>Preview feature)

vcazhengmsft_0-1638327041388.png

2 Exit Power BI Desktop

3 Reopen Desktop and recreate Power BI App visual

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Please try this solution to see whether it will solve your problem.

1 Selected Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in your Options pane(File>Options and Settings>Options>Preview feature)

vcazhengmsft_0-1638327041388.png

2 Exit Power BI Desktop

3 Reopen Desktop and recreate Power BI App visual

Best Regards,

MattKarriker2
Helper II

@v-cazheng-msft 

Why would I not have that option under my Preview Features?

MattKarriker2_0-1638387536050.pngMattKarriker2_1-1638387567191.png

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @MattKarriker2 

Thanks for your reply. May I know whether you are using Power BI Desktop or Power BI Desktop for Report Server? How you get your Power BI Desktop? Did you get it from Microsoft Store or download it from Microsoft Download center

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @MattKarriker2 

May I know whether you have resolved your issue? Please consider installing the lastest version of Power BI Desktop(Version: 2.99.862.0) by the link. If you still get this issue, could you please check the processes of Power BI Desktop listed in task manager to see whether there is any process called WebView2?

vcazhengmsft_0-1639553117328.png

If you don't see it, please consider installing WebView2 firstly and then check whether you can see Power BI Desktop infrastructure update option in your Option pane.

Best Regards,