Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Potential Bug with Facebook Graph API - "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden."

Hello.

My team has previously been able to connect to Facebook via the Graph API (v3.2) for many months using PBI Desktop for Report Server. Upon performing our monthly report refresh yesterday, we received the following error: "Expression.Error: Access to the resource is forbidden". Our organization recently upgraded to the May 2019 server and desktop versions, so I am not sure if the issue is related to the upgrade. I have not been able to find a resolution or work-around for this issue.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Actions Taken:

• Confirmed my computer is able to reach facebook.com and graph.facebook.com
  • Verified Facebook account credentials are correct by visiting the Facebook website in Google Chrome
  • Cleared the PBI report data source settings and re-input the verified credentials
  • Tried connecting to the Facebook Graph using API version 4.0 (instead of 3.2)
  • Created a new report and tried using the Facebook Graph connector
  • Scoured Google and the Power BI Community for relevant articles
  • Checked Facebook Graph and Microsoft PBI documentation about the connection

Error Message:

API 3.2 Error.png

Environment Information:

• Release: May 2019
  • Product Version: 2.69.5467.1801 (19.05) (x64)
  • OS Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.16299.0 (x64 en-US)
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Based on my test with Power BI desktop optimized for report server version 2.69.5467.1801 64-bit (May 2019), it's able to connect to Facebook using graph API 3.2. Please test again to check if the issue still occurs. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft ,

Thank you for trying to replicate this issue. I tried again this afternoon and am still having the same issue. I'll continue troubleshooting on my end.

Respectfully,

Joshua Hammond

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Please clear data cache then test again. If the issue still occurs, please create a support ticket to get help. 

q1.PNG

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu