Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Possible to subscribe to a hidden report page

Hi,

In the Power BI Service it is possible to subscribe to a hidden report page, all pages appear in the dropdown box within the subscription page.

Hidden report pages should not be visible here.

Kind regards, 

Arie

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arie,

I have sent a email to consult this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arie,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 59207542. I will keep an eye on this and update to you. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Arie,

I got information below: 

This is by design. We intentionally don’t prevent you from subscribing, just as we don’t prevent you from accessing the page from direct links, dashboard tiles, bookmarks, & drillthrough. We also don’t prevent it from showing up in PowerPoint export or printing it. Hiding pages should never be used as a security feature for this reason. It just prevents users from accessing it directly from the page navigation. We don't prevent any of these things because authors may want their report consumers to still subscribe, but just want to use their own custom navigation they set up on the report.

The user should suggestion on UserVoice (ideas.powerbi.com) if they want us to add a report setting that prevents hidden pages from showing up in these various places.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

Has this feature chaged recently?

Regards,

Anna

rexii23
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I'm unable to see hidden pages when trying to subscrible users. Can you please confirm what is the expected behaviour now?

cluelessgumshoe
Frequent Visitor

Can I down vote this?! It SHOULD be possible.  I want users to navigate the report/app as designed, but I also want to send them "bookmarked" subscriptions to material filtered for them and this is the workaround!

bkellner
Regular Visitor

I second the down vote. This SHOULD be possible.

Tangi12
Frequent Visitor

I agree. I don't see the ability to subscrib to hidden pages anymore. This post is 2 years old, so I am guessing the change was made... This limits usability. I agree with the original response, this SHOULD NOT be limited. F

rom a UX standpoint, I create buttons or bookmarks for users to navigate to related data. If someone wants to subscribe to the report they are unable to get the report in its entirety only a summary page. It is not helpful to them to get only a portion of the report.😫

Freddrin

I agree that it is important to be able to sub users to a hidden report page. Any ideas how we can get this feature added back in? Its extremely useful when you want to send a filtered view of a report out to users while restricting them from viewing that report page within the app. 

Seems crazy this was removed!