Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Possible Bug, Change data type from text to DateTime using locale not working on powerbi.com refresh

Hello,

We using PowerBi model. On that model when converting a Text value to DateTime using specific locale.

Everything working on PowerBI desktop. But after refresh on PowerBI.com the converting result is an error.

The model culture is en-US and for converting we using fi-fi.

On example, we have replaced the error with a specific date.

#"Duplicated Column" = Table.DuplicateColumn(#"Removed Columns", "Luennat.Luenta-aika", "Luennat.Luenta-aika - Copy"),
#"Changed Type with Locale" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Duplicated Column", {{"Luennat.Luenta-aika - Copy", type datetime}}, "fi-FI"),
#"Replaced Errors" = Table.ReplaceErrorValues(#"Changed Type with Locale", {{"Luennat.Luenta-aika - Copy", #datetime(2020, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0)}})

Screenshot from desktop and powerbi.com after model refreshScreenshot from desktop and powerbi.com after model refresh

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I test your steps on my side and everything works well.
Capture.PNG

I use this Power BI Desktop version: 2.66.5376.1681 64-bit (February 2019) and this Power BI Service version: 13.0.8309.200. Could you please share your versions of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info