Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pop-up with posting tips for new messages in the community

Hi everyone,

Many people that post questions in the community do so in a way that requires further clarification questions and requests.

@Greg_Deckler published some very useful tips on posting that would help everyone if followed.

I already posted a message in the forum some time back in which I suggested that those tips (or a trimmed down version) be included in a pop-up when someone is posting a new message. Particularly for, but not necessarily restricted to, new users. So that when posting a new message they get a reminder: "please read through this to help yourself and the community" or similar.

Too often messages miss sample data, include only screen captures, etc. That's frustrating for people trying to help/answer. It looks like most posters haven't read these tips. I think this would be relatively easy to implement and would possibly make the forum much more efficient.

@Greg_Deckler  had already tagged @chass in the initial posting but since he hasn't answered yet I thought of publishing the suggestion here.

What do you guys think? Good idea?   

Cheers

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@AlB,

I will consult internally that if it is possible to add such pop-up.

Regards,
Lydia