Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Poor Performance while joining SQL server table with csv file based on the condition

Hi All,

I have Query1 which has imported data from SQL server table which has 2.3M records with 2 columns.

IpAddress_Table(Query1):

IpAddressIpAddress_Decimal

Query2 is the CSV file which has 5 columns which as 25K records:

Query2:

Column1Column2Column3Host_Min_DecimalHost_Max_Decimal

I have added one new custom column in Query 2 using below formula, this column is giving the IpAddress value from Query1 which is in the range of Host_Min_Decimal and Host_Max Decimal.

Table.SelectRows(IpAddress_Table, (IpAddress_Table) => IpAddress_Table[IpAddress_Decimal]>=[Host_Min_Decimal] and IpAddress_Table[IpAddress_Decimal]<=[Host_Max_Decimal])[IpAddress]

The problem is while saving the data model it is taking indefinate time due to which i am unable to save it.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Amit

Comments
amshukla
Frequent Visitor

@ImkeF Could you please have look on this, really need your help.

ImkeF
Super User

Yes, Power BI will by design not fold to the server if you filter by non-SQL-sources. Please use this workaround: http://www.thebiccountant.com/2017/07/20/sql-query-folding-bug-still-alive-sucking-powerbi-powerquer...

You need to adjust the step "Result" to the logic your filtering-command from above.