Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Please help!!

jameschang23_0-1642548127104.png

I cannot open my powerbi desktop at all

Slimliar issue has been submited internal(ICM: 276708059). Needs to collect more information about this issue:

1. Whether it happens in laptop or desktop device or not, the previous submited issue which happened in laptop after locking and unlocking
  2. What is the OS version of the device, the minimum requirement to run Power BI Desktop is Windows 8 or later
  3. What is the version of Power BI Desktop in this issue, did it be the App store version or Web download version
  4. Whether this issue happend in all Power BI reports or specific report, if only happens in specific report, what is the data source of the report and the connection mode in this report

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
LarryAM

Hi dude, I´m having the same mistake when i try to open my power BI desktop:

LarryAM_0-1642562437288.png

I really appreciate if someone can give us a solution as soon as possible, 

Kind regards

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Slimliar issue has been submited internal(ICM: 276708059). Needs to collect more information about this issue:

1. Whether it happens in laptop or desktop device or not, the previous submited issue which happened in laptop after locking and unlocking
  2. What is the OS version of the device, the minimum requirement to run Power BI Desktop is Windows 8 or later
  3. What is the version of Power BI Desktop in this issue, did it be the App store version or Web download version
  4. Whether this issue happend in all Power BI reports or specific report, if only happens in specific report, what is the data source of the report and the connection mode in this report

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

LarryAM

Dear, 

In my case the issue happens on laptop, after installing the Power Bi desktop version 64x  on my OS W 8.1 Pro, by the way I downloaded the tool from this link https://powerbi.microsoft.com/es-es/desktop/. 

Additionally It appears when Im trying to join the system at the beginning.

I really appreciate your commitment in our issue.

Thanks