Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Play Axis in Scatter Chart visual is broken

Since the April release (I think) the Play Axis on the scatter chart visual is broken: when I drop a date field into the Play Axis well I see a Play button halfway from the top of the visual (and I don't see the timeline part any more) and clicking on the Play button does nothing.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cwebb,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Based on my test in Power BI latest version 2.57.5068.721 64-bit (April 2018), play axis works fine in a scatter chart. Would you please update your desktop version then test again? 

Also you can test our sample report on you side to see if the issue is related to a report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

cwebb
Advocate V

Thanks - I am on the latest version (I've got the Store version installed and the version number matches) and your sample report is fine. However I've got a report that show the problem - is there somewhere I can upload it?

Here's a screenshot of the problem:PlayAxis.PNG

Notice that the Play button is at the top and not the bottom. This is definitely a new problem because it's a demo I've done many times in the past with exactly the same data.

Chris 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @cwebb,

If the report doesn't contains sensitive data, you can upload it to your OneDrive or Dropbox and share the link here. 

If report data is sensitive, please sen the link to me in private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

cwebb
Advocate V

Sorry for the late reply - here's a Power BI file with a repro:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AppIOcLysIR79jcdCYLFyzlHFWdd

Removing the Date field from the Play Axis makes the scatter chart behave as expected.

Chris

cwebb
Advocate V

Any update on this?

Chris

deldersveld
MVP

I was able to replicate this as well where the Play Axis only works properly when both Detail and Legend have fields specified.

PlayAxis2.gif

Amanda
Employee

Hey @cwebb and @deldersveld I wanted to let you know that we have a fix for this issue! It will be part of the June release of Power BI Desktop and be out on the Power BI service in the next 3ish weeks.