Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pivot Table custom column widths resetting on word wrap

I have an issue whereby I have a Pivot table. I apply word wrap which works. Though when I drag the column widths to desired width, the custom setting resets itself when:

1. Move from one report tab to another.

2. Publish to Power BI.

3. Change properties of Pivot table.

Very frustrating! please help!

Thanks,Capture.PNG

Kyle

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kyle705

Are you using the Matrix visual in latest Aug 2017 version of Power BI Desktop? I cannot repro the same issue on my side, please refer to following recorded video.

If issue persists, could you please share your PBIX file through online file service like OneDrive?

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Keep wrapping to thisKeep wrapping to thisThis is not a 100% reflection of what I am doing. A field needs to be placed in the "Columns" section of the Pivot Table.

I make the column width bigger whilst word wrap is "On". Then I move tabs or change properties and the width size reduces.

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Link to OneDrive pbix file

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@kyle705

I don't have access to your shared PBIX file link. Could you please help grant the permission?

Best Regards,
Herbert

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Please share your e-mail address so I can share. My one drive for business "Share with anyone" option has been disabled by my company.

I have mananged to fix this though. I have just recreated the exact same table & the column widths now stick. But I dod lose the conditional formatting from time to time when refreshed.

kyle705
Frequent Visitor

Please close this issue. Re-creating it sorted.

I cannot share the pbix with you due to our IT dept...

Capture.PNG

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered