Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pivot Table connected to Power BI Datasets

We are unable to create a Pivot Table on Power BI Datasets

sam_xlpowerbi_0-1650036618756.png

Cheers

Sam

Hi , @sam_xlpowerbi 

You can navigate to the Power BI datasets hub and search for the dataset they need to connect to and click Analyze in Excel to generate an Excel workbook connected to the Power BI dataset. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
asjones
Helper IV

Looks like your issue is the same as mine that i just posted about

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Excel-Getting-PowerB-DataSets-quot-An-error-occurred-when-tr...

TheInvisbleHand
Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing the same issue. 

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi  , @sam_xlpowerbi 

Can you describe your steps in detail ?

Best Regards,

sam_xlpowerbi
Frequent Visitor

@Ailsa-msft

To reporduce the error Do the Following -

Open Excel

Click on Data -> Get DATA ->From Power BI - Wheel Spins - Getting Datasets - Then the Error

sam_xlpowerbi_0-1650281427820.png

Cheers

Sam

CAS-Tom
Frequent Visitor

I too am getting this same error - it started happening on Friday April 15th 2022, but it persists today as well. Nothing was changed on our end (I'm the Power BI Admin for my organization).

CASTom_0-1650297649398.png

asjones
Helper IV

Seveal people are getting this isssue ..... in the other thread the support person suggested I reinstall office. However I did to a full online repair from the add/remove section in control pannel.

I also did

sfc /scannow

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

to make sure windows was good.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Excel-Getting-PowerB-DataSets-quot-An-error-occurred-when-tr...

TheInvisbleHand
Frequent Visitor

I tried this with my work computer and my personal computer. 

On both computers I was able to refresh existing pivot tables.

On my work computer I was able to fetch the list of datasets. There is only one office 365 account on this computer.

On my personal computer I was not able to fetch the list of datasets. My work office 365 account and my personal office 365 account are both on that computer, but I was obviously using my work account to get a list of the datasets. 

NSnoap
Regular Visitor

Another PBI Service admin here, and multiple users in my organization are now having this same issue. It started last Friday, April 15th, and has been gradually affecting more users since then. Three more reported it today.

I suspect something that came via Windows Update having broken something, given the staggered nature of how this issue is presenting itself for different users.

BadrishSri

Clearing the files and folders in %AppData%\Local\Microsoft\Office\SolutionPackages has helped to get rid of this issue in my case.

Regards,

Badrish

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi , @sam_xlpowerbi 

You can navigate to the Power BI datasets hub and search for the dataset they need to connect to and click Analyze in Excel to generate an Excel workbook connected to the Power BI dataset. 

Best Regards,