Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pinning visuals to dashboards bug

There appears to be a bug when pinning visuals to dashboards. It  seems to work for table/matrix visuals, but no for any other type  (the visuals in the gif are standard PBI visuals)

pinning bug.gif

Hi all,

We found similar cases reported by other colleagues internally. They have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 346379883.

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Tested workaround : In Power BI Service edit mode untoggle title and retoggle title and save the report then we can pin the tile to dashboard.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi all,

We found similar cases reported by other colleagues internally. They have reported the issue and submitted it to the internal icm platform, No: 346379883.

Engineers will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update you here if there is any progress , please be patient.

Tested workaround : In Power BI Service edit mode untoggle title and retoggle title and save the report then we can pin the tile to dashboard.

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Asiyat

Hi

I have the same issue - can't pin specific visual if it has a title, I can only pin a page to the dashboard or a visual without title. I am an admin of the workspace, have also tried to pin visual from different admin accounts - same result. Changing browser also didn't help - reproduced with Chrome, Firefox, Edge.

Issue appeared last week, before there were no such issues

Please advise when this will be fixed - it becomes critical

Thank you

DeviAnusha
Regular Visitor

Hi Team, 

In edit mode, once we remove the title of the visual, then try to pin it, it will be pinned even after enabling the title again, but before the edit mode itself pinning a visual need to be appeared.

Thanking you in Advance.

jhaastBI
Helper I

I'm experiencing the same issue and found a pattern.

I cannot pin a line- or bar chart but I can pin a matrix and tile to the dashboard.

Hopefully, this issue can be fixed very soon.

mariliao

I'm facing the same bug since november 16th 2022. The button is there, and it's working for tables, and KPI visuals but for chart visuals it's not!!!! You click and nothing happens.

jhaastBI
Helper I

When can we expect a solution for this bug?