Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pin Whole Report to Dashboard

Hey ,

My solution is a real time streaming. The data is pushed into PushStreaming dataset at realtime.

Now I have a couple of question , I would be extremely thankful if someone can provide answers to these questions with clarity.

1. I have created a whole report with multiple pages. Now I want to pin this whole report to the dashboard. Is it possible?

2. I have created another single page report with bookmarks and buttons. The buttons work fine in the report , but as soon as I do a pin live page they seem to stop working. Can you provide a solution or a work around?

3. Is there a custom visual that can contain other visuals? I was thinking of making a custom visual which is a group of other visuals so that this visual can be pinned to the dashboard for realtime streaming.

4. How to Schedule a refresh for the PowerBI report? I want just the report to get refreshed because anyway I am using pushStreaming dataset so the dataset is realtime. Actually I found that even the dataset is realtime the report does not update until the "refresh button" is used. I want to automate the process.

I would be extreamly grateful if someone can answer these questions with clarity and pointwise. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Koustav,

1. Of course. You can pin each report page to a dashboard via Pin Live Page feature. 

2. I have reported this issue internally: CRI 75431354. Will update here once I get any information. 

3. As far as I know the answer is NO. You might need to custom your own visual: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-developer-tool...

4. Based on my test, o get the report data updated, we need to click on Refresh button or refresh browser page. To automatic this process, we can utilize the browser auto refresh add-in, eg: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-refresh/ifooldnmmcmlbdennkpdnlnbgbmfalko

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Koustav,

By design - pinned report tile is only one page, not entire report. Bookmarks can try to go to other pages, so we block them.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu