Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Personal Gateway not connecting to the service?

I have two accounts, one paid pro, the other a trial pro account. Come June 1st and my gateway is offline and not able to reconnect ot the service?

Here is the message I get in my gateway: "Please wait while the gateway connects to the serivce"

Comments
mwaltercpa
Advocate III

gateway.jpg

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

On my other machine (trial pro account) the gateway booting up from my desktop is giving me an "Unknown state error occured" message?

SpaceCommander
Regular Visitor

I am experiencing something similar. I have one account (Trial Pro Account) and am getting the "Unknown state error occured" message. Began today, June 1.

shunsho
Frequent Visitor

Same problem on my Personal Gateway. Yesterday worked fine....today don't.

erichayes

Same here.  It has been working fine for months, and today I'm getting the "Please wait while the gateway connects to the serivce" message.  I uninstalled the Personal Gateway, reinstalled, and now am getting "Register gateway failed" error.  Please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now it works 🙂 I think problem solved

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Power BI is rolling out licensing changes across the production clusters and free users (possible that PRO Trial or some PRO users might) see interruptions in service. You can see this awareness from support site:

q2.PNG

You can test again for personal gateway after the awareness is gone.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

arv
Regular Visitor

Loaded the new version of Data Gateway (Personal Mode), and refreshes just don't work anymore....or on the odd occasion that they do it takes many hours to refresh.  My datasets are usually 2-5 MB.

On demand7/25/2017, 10:25:31 AM7/25/2017, 12:25:48 PMFailedThe gateway operation has been cancelled explicitly by the user or from a timeout.

Don't know what's happened as the previous version of the Personal Data Gateway worked fine with refreshes taking normally a minute or two to refresh.