Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hi,

Every month, i always got error saying, "Your Power BI Gateway - Personal is offline. To set refresh scheduling please be sure your Power BI Gateway - Personal is online." It started last march when our  server is down. When I tried to open the personal gateway to check what the problem is, it says "Time out expired" so I got no choice to uninstall and reinstall the Gateway and I got my problem solved, It happened again this april with the same scenario, when our server is down so I did what i did last march to solve the problem. I just thought that the main problem is that because our server is down.

But, yesterday, everything is fine. the server is up, the connection is ok, and then suddenly I got the same error, that  the gateway is offline. So I uninstall and reinstall it again. So I was thinking what was the real cause of this error. Is this because of the gateway version? Do i need to update it every month?

Thank you in advance.

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cess02

A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

cess02
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I see. I'll keep that in mind. I'll make sure the gateway is updated. Thank you.

But this morning upon checking, I encounter this error "The last refresh attemp failed because of an internal service." This is the second time I encountered this error.

FYI, the gateway is updated. What is the possible cause of this error?

Thanks.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cess02

If refresh failed intermittently when using gateway. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

cess02
Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the link that you gave, but unfortunately we haven't yet subscribed to Power BI Pro. We are still on a trial basis.