cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi,

Every month, i always got error saying, "Your Power BI Gateway - Personal is offline. To set refresh scheduling please be sure your Power BI Gateway - Personal is online." It started last march when our  server is down. When I tried to open the personal gateway to check what the problem is, it says "Time out expired" so I got no choice to uninstall and reinstall the Gateway and I got my problem solved, It happened again this april with the same scenario, when our server is down so I did what i did last march to solve the problem. I just thought that the main problem is that because our server is down.

But, yesterday, everything is fine. the server is up, the connection is ok, and then suddenly I got the same error, that  the gateway is offline. So I uninstall and reinstall it again. So I was thinking what was the real cause of this error. Is this because of the gateway version? Do i need to update it every month?

Thank you in advance.

Comments
Microsoft

@cess02

A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

I see. I'll keep that in mind. I'll make sure the gateway is updated. Thank you.

But this morning upon checking, I encounter this error "The last refresh attemp failed because of an internal service." This is the second time I encountered this error.

FYI, the gateway is updated. What is the possible cause of this error?

Thanks.

Microsoft

@cess02

If refresh failed intermittently when using gateway. I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).
If issue is resolved, you can share the solution here later to help others who have the same problem.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

Frequent Visitor

@v-haibl-msft

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried the link that you gave, but unfortunately we haven't yet subscribed to Power BI Pro. We are still on a trial basis.