Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Personal Gateway Refresh Time Out

I am having issues with the automatic refresh of my Data set/Gateway. It worked for about two weeks and begun timing out. I reviewed the online literature, including here. I stopped and started the Windows Service which resolved the connection issue (it stopped connecting altogether), with successfully allowing one refresh. Subsequent refreshes continue to time out with the below details. I updated to the latest version of PBI desktop to see if that resolved the issue, it did not. Help! 

Power BI

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @AJ1,

Please try to update the personal gateway to the latest version. Also you can refer to this article to troubleshoot the issue: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-gateway. Check if any detail error message logged in log files. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AJ1

here is the latest error:

Last refresh failed: Wed Feb 14 2018 13:34:57 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Timeout occurred when sending or receiving a request.Hide details
Cluster URI: WABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 4491e2f4-9349-46b8-9cab-d7282ae645c6
Request ID: 1ead173f-803e-eac1-51e0-4af0d596c0df
Time: 2018-02-14 18:34:57Z

The data set is under 2000 rows. The Gateway has a good connection but the refresh fails. Only 1 refresh has successed in the past week; either sheduled or manually run.