Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Performance issue with sync slicers

I have a report with 15 tabs (and still couting on).

every tabs shows detail information about a kpi. Now we want that if a user choose his own country of a specified year that all the KPI shows data of the choosen filter. But we think it is not user friendly when a filter must be choosen on every page. 

With the latste update we can use the sync slicer option. But now we have performance issue. 

After click on the filter visual ( we use the standard) and choose 1 country it takes about 5+ second befor the report gives any data back. also when you want to show data from an other country then it take 10 sec before powerBI repond. 

is there a way to make this work? of is it a performance issue? 

the list in the filter are not that long. we have 4 filters. 2 of them has 5 values and the other 2 has 80. (those are the countrys) 

We experied the performance issue in .com with different users. 

When we delete al the the tabs and we only keep 1 then there is no performance issue. the slicer repsond directly. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Maddy99,

Does the same issue happen in Power BI desktop? 

If the dataset requires gateway to get data, please install the gateway on the machine close to the data source server and keep using the latest gateway version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Maddy99
Resolver II

Hoi @v-qiuyu-msft

Yes it also happend in the desktop version. there i also noticed delay time when i choose a filter. 

The dataset does not require a gateway for now. the underling data is being import in the desktop file and the pulish to .com. there is now data refresh neseary. 

Maddy99
Resolver II

@v-qiuyu-msftIs there an update on this issue? can i help to provide more information?

ps123

@Maddy99 : Were you able to resolve this issue? Iam facing the same issue.

StewartHunter
Frequent Visitor

I am having this same issue. It seems like syncing filters slows down every page they're on. It's great functionality but the performance is not great.

Maddy99
Resolver II

@ps123unfortanly i was not able to make any progress with this. i still hope that microsoft has some kind of golden tip. 

ps123

@Maddy99 Microsoft has released the patch for this issue in Aug2018 release. This will solve your issue