Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Performance files not being updated

Hi,

I have been seeing that the performance report files are not getting updated with aggregation, system and query information.

Is anyone else having these issues? 

The gateways are on version 10 (october).

I noticed this about a week ago with gateways that are being used 24/7 so the data should be in the files.

Cheers,

Lilja

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From your description, it looks like the Aggregation, System Counters Over Time, Query Execution By Data Source and Query Execution By Query Type report pages data are not updated, right? 

I would suggest you ensure all settings are correct based on this document firstly: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-performance#enable-performance-logging

Then open the Gateway Performance PBI template file in Power BI desktop, ensure the parameter value is the same as ReportFilePath defined in Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config configuration file. After you click on Load button, it will retrieve data from gateway log files. You can also click on Refresh button to get updated data next time. 

As there are slicers in those report pages, please ensure you are set the end date of the date range as current date, so you can see the latest data. 

q3.PNG

q4.PNG

q5.PNGq6.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I have gone over the settings in the config file and they are all as per the documentation.

The issue seems to be the the files themselves and not the pbix report. When looking at the files generated on the gateway server they are not updated. We have several gateways that are heavily used, however, the performance files generated have not been updated for a couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Lilja

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Was the on-premises data gateway is online during this period? 

Please restart on-premises data gateway service, refresh any dataset which uses this same gateway. After dataset refresh is completed, please refresh the report to see if any new data displays. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

The gateway was online during this period.

After restart of the gateway the performance logs were being updated for maybe 30 minutes then stopped again.

Thanks,

Lilja