Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Percentage Type

In the Power BI Service updating data via gateway fails.

It seems that the percentage type of a measure defined in the report can not be displayed in the Power BI Service.

Please see the detailed error description:

error.PNG

Please advise.

Thanks.

Comments
sebastian_weins
Regular Visitor

In the Power BI Service, updating data via data gateway is not possible.

It seems that the percentage type of a mesaure defined in the report can not be displaye in the Power BI Service.

Please see the detailed description:

Error

Please advise.

Thanks

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sebastian_weins

Do you mean the DAX measure created in Power BI Desktop? If yes, I cannot repro the same issue as you. I can configure the on-premises gateway properly and the measure can be displayed in Power BI Service. The refresh is also successful.

Percentage Type_1.jpg

Percentage Type_2.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

sebastian_weins
Regular Visitor

Yes, it is a DAX measure created in Power BI Desktop and shows the discount on sales price of a product.

In the Power BI Desktop everything runs smoothly, also the refreshing process. I can publish this report in Power BI Service, this runs also without any error. But as soon as it comes to refresh, I got this error...

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@sebastian_weins

I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page) since it may be account specific.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered

sebastian_weins
Regular Visitor

Thanks, i just created a support ticket.

Best regards,

Sebastian

vbarbosa
I have the same problem. Can someone help me?

I have the same problem. Can someone help me? 

aoquain
Frequent Visitor

I created a support ticket on this as well, but have not had a response. Has anyone found a workaround?

sebastian_weins
Regular Visitor

In my case, the solution was to update the gateway. Now everything works just fine.