Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Password Change in Azure DB - Now Invalid Credentials in Power BI Service

I recently changed my password for connectivity to Azure SQL. When I updated this on Power BI Desktop, it worked without issue. However, after publishing the report with the new credentials to Power BI Service, the Power BI service can no longer access the data. 

When I attempt to change the credentials in the report on Power BI service, I receive invalid credentials.

Is there something else that I should be changing to ensure credentials are updating? Everything was working before the password was updated. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bryanz,

After you republish the report and go to Dataset Settings, edit credential for the data source, please ensure that you enter the same credential as used in Power BI desktop. Also there is a delay after change Azure SQL credential password in Azure Portal, please wait for a while then test again. 

If there is a error throws out, would you please share the RequestID and ClusterURI? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

bryanz
Regular Visitor

Hi Qiuyun,

I did try to change the credentials on Power BI Service under the dataset and I receive this error. 

Power BI Service Invalid Credentials.PNG