Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Parameter datatypes aren't respected in Paginated Reports in PBI Premium while in PBIRS they are

It seems that parameter datatypes aren't respected in Paginated Reports in PBI Premium while in PBIRS they are.

For example:

If I have a report with two integer based parameters called:

- Century

- YearNo

And I have a dataset with the following query definition: SELECT Year=@Century + @YearNo

PBRIS/SSRS shows as expected: 2018 if Century=2000 and YearNo=18

However PBI Premium in the cloud shows: 200018

As you can imagine this could result in unexepected (empty) query results

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Herewith additional SCs: PBIRS vs PBI Premium in the cloud

Parameter datatype is respected in PBRISParameter datatype is respected in PBRISParameter datatype isn't respected in PBI Premium CloudParameter datatype isn't respected in PBI Premium Cloud

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Anonymous ,

I tested on my side, it displayed as expected.

1.PNG

It might be an intermitten problem. Please re-publish your RDL report to service and test again.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Investigating

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just republished it, and still facing the same issue.

Could it be caused due that the Year-parameter is based on a query using a SQL Database via the on-premises gateway.

BR Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also build a paginated report from scratch using the special Power BI Report Builder (the previous example was based on the SSRS/SSDT 2015 toolkit). And again the same result.